International Women’s Day; Time to Take Action

Leave a Comment


Tuesday March 8 2016 is International Women's Day (IWD).  While Mozilla celebrates the progress to date we also realize there is a great deal of critical work still needed. The Internet can play an enormous role in improving the lives and opportunities of women, girls and their families. This is why I am honored to participate in the United Nations' first High Level Panel on Women's Economic Empowerment, which was launched this January. I am eager to emphasize the positive effects of technology and the Open Internet as part of the Panel's work. I am also intent on representing voices from around the globe in this discussion, and have begun collecting input to do this.

You can learn more about work in these topics and read my thoughts on how the Internet can empower women in a post on my blog.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.